Christmas is a time for celebration and joy, and there are countless ways to make the most of the holiday season. Whether you’re looking for ways to celebrate with your family, friends, or coworkers, there are plenty of ideas to choose from. From traditional holiday gatherings to more creative and unique celebrations, there are endless possibilities for making this time of year special.
In this article, we’ll explore various ideas for celebrating Christmas, including classic and contemporary options. So grab a cup of cocoa, get comfortable, and let’s start planning your festive holiday celebration!
57 Christmas Ideas Celebration for Singaporeans
Christmas is a time for celebration, spending time with loved ones, and reflecting on the values of love, compassion, and generosity. Many people celebrate by attending church services, exchanging gifts, and decorating their homes with Christmas trees and other decorations.
In addition to its religious significance, Christmas is also a cultural holiday that has been embraced by people of all faiths and backgrounds. It is a time to come together and celebrate the spirit of the season, regardless of one’s beliefs.
There are so many different ways to mark Christmas. From traditional activities like decorating the tree and singing carols, to more modern takes on the holiday like gift exchanges and festive parties, there are endless ideas for how to celebrate Christmas!
Whether you prefer to keep things simple or go all out with elaborate decorations and activities, there are ways to make the holiday special for you and your loved ones. Here are 57 Christmas ideas for celebration if you are residing in the Merlion country!
- Visit Christmas light-up displays at Orchard Road, Gardens by the Bay, and Sentosa.
- Go ice skating at The Rink at JCube or The Rink at The Raffles City.
- Take a Christmas-themed stroll through the Christmas Village at Clarke Quay.
- Have a festive meal at a restaurant with Christmas-themed menus and decorations.
- Check out the Christmas markets at Orchard Road, VivoCity, and Marina Bay Sands.
- Attend a Christmas concert or performance like the annual Christmas Carols by the Bay or the Singapore Symphony Orchestra’s “A Merry Christmas” concert.
- Go on a Christmas-themed tour of Singapore, such as the Christmas lights tour or the Christmas markets tour.
- Visit Santa at the Christmas grotto at one of the shopping malls or at the Gardens by the Bay Christmas Wonderland.
- Take a trip to the Christmas Wonderland at Gardens by the Bay, which features carnival games, ice skating, and festive food and drinks.
- Have a Christmas movie marathon with friends or family.
- Attend a Christmas-themed workshop or class, such as a gingerbread house-making or wreath-making class.
- Go on a Christmas-themed food tour, such as the Christmas lights and food tour.
- Have a Christmas-themed movie night at home, with festive snacks and decorations.
- Take a Christmas-themed cooking class, such as a class on how to make traditional Christmas dishes.
- Go on a Christmas-themed scavenger hunt around Singapore.
- Have a festive potluck with friends or family, where everyone brings a dish to share.
- Attend a Christmas parade or carnival, such as the annual Christmas on a Great Street parade.
- Go on a Christmas-themed bike ride around Singapore.
- Have a Christmas-themed board game night with friends or family.
- Attend a Christmas-themed yoga or meditation class.
- Go on a Christmas-themed kayaking or paddleboarding tour.
- Have a Christmas movie night at a local outdoor cinema.
- Attend a Christmas-themed fitness class, such as a festive-themed Zumba class.
- Go on a Christmas-themed hike or nature walk.
- Have a festive karaoke night with friends or family.
- Attend a Christmas-themed craft workshop, such as a holiday card-making class.
- Go on a Christmas-themed boat tour of Singapore.
- Have a Christmas-themed trivia night with friends or family.
- Attend a Christmas-themed dance class, such as a holiday salsa class.
- Go on a Christmas-themed horseback riding tour.
- Have a festive game night with friends or family, with games like charades or Pictionary.
- Attend a Christmas-themed art class, such as a holiday-themed painting class.
- Go on a Christmas-themed bus tour of Singapore.
- Have a Christmas-themed book club meeting with friends or family.
- Attend a Christmas-themed music class, such as a holiday-themed singing class.
- Go on a Christmas-themed Segway tour of Singapore.
- Have a festive movie night at a local indoor cinema.
- Attend a Christmas-themed magic show.
- Go on a Christmas-themed guided tour of Singapore,
- Take a Christmas-themed guided tour of Singapore, such as the “Singapore Christmas Lights Tour”.
- Have a Christmas-themed trivia night at a local bar or pub.
- Attend a Christmas-themed comedy show or stand-up comedy night.
- Go on a Christmas-themed guided bike tour of Singapore.
- Attend a Christmas concert or performance like the Singapore Symphony Orchestra’s “A Merry Christmas” concert.
- Visit the Christmas Village at Ngee Ann City for festive shopping and food.
- Go on a Christmas-themed cruise on the Singapore River.
- Attend a Christmas-themed event or party, such as an Ugly Sweater Party or a Christmas Karaoke Night.
- Go to the Christmas Market at The Promontory@Marina Bay for festive shopping and food.
- Attend a Christmas Eve or Christmas Day church service.
- Bake and decorate Christmas cookies or other festive treats.
- Have a Christmas gift exchange with friends or family.
- Have a Christmas-themed game night with friends or family, playing games such as “Secret Santa”, “White Elephant.”, Elf on the Shelf”, or “12 Days of Christmas.”
- Attend a Christmas-themed event at a local museum or cultural center, such as a holiday-themed art exhibit.
- Have a Christmas-themed movie night at a drive-in theater.
- Go on a Christmas-themed pub crawl and try festive drinks at different bars and pubs.
- Go on a festive boat ride and see the Christmas lights and decorations from the water.
- Attend a Christmas-themed wine-tasting event and try festive wines and other drinks.
There are endless ways to celebrate Christmas and create lasting memories with loved ones. Whether it’s baking cookies, decorating the tree, or participating in a gift exchange, the holiday season is a time to come together and show appreciation for one another.
No matter how you choose to celebrate, the most important thing is to focus on creating meaningful experiences and cherishing the time spent with loved ones!
In need of purchasing a Christmas gift and hamper? Simply go through FlowerAdvisor Singapore website to see our wide collection of Christmas hamper!